Thank you for your interest in being a part of the Whitaker Center team!
Located on Market Street in downtown Harrisburg, Whitaker Center is Central PA’s premier destination for entertainment and education. From hands-on science in our Harsco Science Center, to a premium large format movie experience in Select Medical Digital Cinema, to live performances inside Sunoco Performance Theater there’s always something exciting going on at Whitaker Center! Join our team and help us further our mission of serving our community through education, entertainment and art.
If you have a passion for delivering excellent guest service and love the idea of working to fulfill a mission with a dedicated group of individuals, then we encourage you to apply. Whitaker Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our employees enjoy these perks:
- A complimentary Family membership to Whitaker Center
- 15% discount at the Wonders Store, digital cinema concessions and Whitaker Center sponsored events
- Banking partnership with Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union and Members First Credit Union
- Downtown parking options
Full-time employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Generous Vacation and Personal Time Off
- PPO Health Care Plan, Dental, Vision and Prescription
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Pension Plan
- Vanguard 403(b)(7) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to purchase supplemental policies through AFLAC
POSITION: Development Coordinator
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This is a full-time, hourly position, reporting directly to the Vice President, Development at Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: The Development Coordinator is responsible for all donation data entry and gift processing utilizing CRM software, department excel spreadsheets, and supporting administrative functions of the Development Office. Responsible for actively working with the Vice President, Development to execute annual fundraising campaign and other development campaigns. Also, works in conjunction with Vice President, Development and marketing department on implementing all aspect of donor recognition.
- Maintains all donor and fundraising records through electronic and paper files. Utilizes CRM software and excel spreadsheets to provide prompt and accurate donor records and reports. Ensure that appropriate pledge reminders are sent and prompt receipts and acknowledgement letters are mailed.
- Manage and prepare development trackers, monitor giving sources such as Board campaign, EITC grant income, sponsorships and other sources.
- With the assistance of the marketing staff, oversee all donor recognition in SPOTLIGHT, donor panels, digital cinema pre-show slides, the center display screens, event signage and other venues.
- Responsible for working with community contacts to increase annual corporate giving income. Ability to recruit new corporate giving prospects.
- Coordinate donor cultivation, VIP events and other special events and receptions.
- Compile materials to submit to granting and other funding organizations such as the Cultural Data project, Pennsylvania Council of the Arts, the Cultural Enrichment Fund, EITC and other appropriate funders.
- With the assistance of the marketing staff, develop new sponsorship opportunities and proposals.
- As needed, assist the Vice President, Development and the Volunteer and Membership Manager with department functions.
- Attend departmental and all-staff meetings as directed, staying informed of ongoing changes in department and overall organization.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Vice President, Development.
This position description is relative to major requirements and is not intended to be all inclusive.
- Bachelor degree in related field preferred or a minimum of two (2) years hands-on experience in a fundraising environment.
- Ability to process information logically and to weigh and make situational decisions.
- Possess advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, data base management, financial record keeping, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to learn and use membership processing software. Experience with databases a significant plus.
- Familiarity with standard query language a plus.
- Must be flexible and able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Be a strong team-oriented individual capable of accomplishing tasks with broad direction.
- Must be able to provide courteous and effective service to general public, co-workers and volunteers. Positive and friendly attitude at all times.
- Must be able to maintain confidentially of all development office information.
- Exhibit strong writing, analytical, presentation and organizational skills. Ability to write, edit, and proofread correspondence and presentation materials for accuracy and style.
- Ability to work as part of a high performance team and be a strong team player.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to successfully complete a Pennsylvania State Police Clearance, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance obtained through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and a Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal History Record Information obtained by submitting a full set of fingerprints to the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Computer literate; demonstrated understanding of Internet research procedures and Microsoft. Ability to learn and effectively utilize CRM database and VISTA applications.
- Working knowledge of telephone, computer, printer, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Department intern(s)
To apply, submit resume, cover letter, three (3) supervisory references and salary history by Wednesday, May 3, 2017 to: Department of Human Resources, Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, 225 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101 or by email at email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We’re always looking for Volunteers to serve as ushers and interactors at Whitaker Center. We offer great perks and flexible shifts!
Looking for an Internship? We have several internship positions available in over a dozen departments.