· Stories must fit into the theme of the night! See the schedule above.
· Stories should be true as you remember it.
· Stories should be five minutes in length.
· No notes, no props, no music.
· Three judges from the community are selected in advance. Each storyteller receives a score on a scale of 1-10 for three different criteria: content, presentation, and adherence to the theme. The storyteller with the highest scores wins the night and is given a spot in November’s Grand Slam!
· If you win once, we invite you to return and compete, you just won't be awarded points.
· Cost of ticket $8.
· When signing up to tell a story, storytellers are asked to sign a release stating they are okay with having the story posted on YouTube. Storytellers retain all rights to their stories. Questions? Email us.
Tickets are required for both performers and spectators. This event is strictly 21+.