July 8, 2020
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Story Slam is a great excuse for anyone 21+ to get in front of their webcam and tell the crowd one of their favorites. Each month has its own theme and own winners. Check out the monthly themes on our Story Slam page!
If you like telling stories, hearing stories, or just fun in general, you will definitely want to check out Whitaker Center's Story Slam! New for 2020: this event series will be held digitally!
· Attendees must preregister for this event prior to 4 p.m. on the day of the event. Attendees will receive a link to the virtual slam around 4 p.m. on the day of the event.
· Stories must fit into the theme of the night! See the schedule below.
· Stories should be true as you remember it.
· Stories should be five minutes in length.
· No notes, no props, no music.
· Three judges from the community are selected in advance. Each storyteller receives a score on a scale of 1-10 for three different criteria: content, presentation, and adherence to the theme. The storyteller with the highest scores wins the night and is given a spot in November’s Grand Slam!
· If you win once, we invite you to return and complete; you just won't be awarded points.
· Cost of ticket $8.
· When signing up to tell a story, storytellers are asked to sign a release stating they are okay with having the story posted on YouTube. Storytellers retain all rights to their stories. Questions? Email us (info@whtaker email).
The Best Performance, Science and Cinema Space in PA
Sign Up Now to be the first to hear about the most exciting things happening at the Whitaker Center.