Photo Credit: Mary Williams Photography
LOIS LEHRMAN GRASS PERFORMING ARTS FUND
Youth Performing Arts Mini- Grant Program
The Lois Lehrman Grass Performing Arts Fund of Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts provides mini-grants to help bring arts-focused programs to the Sunoco Performance Theater stage.
- Must be a registered non-profit
- Preferential consideration will be given to performance art organizations
- Proposed program/workshop must take place inside Whitaker Center (preferably Sunoco Performance Theater)
- Program should be a new addition to the performing arts calendar (existing rentals and resident company seasonal occupancies are not eligible)
- Primary target audience must be children/families
- Program must be open to the public. If additional shows are planned for schools only, please indicate dates at the time of application
- Organizations must submit the entire budget for the proposed program
- Grant money can only be used to subsidize the cost of Whitaker Center facility rental and/or Whitaker Center-generated expenses such as house labor and Box Office services
- One application per organization, per grant year. If two or more organizations are partnering on a program, only one need apply (and name the other partnering organizations). Only one award will be granted per grant year (October – September) to any one organization.
- Actual amount granted is determined by Whitaker Center, after review of grant application.
- Ticketing for programs funded by the grant must be handled by Whitaker Center Box Office. No third party ticketing permitted.