Join us for a STEM-based workshop for your little explorer!
November 26, 2016 - March 11, 2017
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Parent-Kids Adventure in STEM is the perfect program for science-loving children ages 3-5, as well as their parents. These one-hour sessions are designed to give parents and children a fun and engaging experience that will help children inspire their curiosity, cultivate a love for learning and teach them basic STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) concepts.
Parent-Kids Adventure in STEM Workshops ($10 Members/$12 Nonmembers per child and adult,
$5 Members/$6 Nonmembers per additional child for a maximum total of one adult with two children)
Saturdays 12:30pm-1:30pm located in our Discovery Labs (Check-in from 12:00pm-12:30pm at Information Desk). These programs also come with limited complimentary parking in the Walnut Street garage. Please bring your parking ticket to the Information Desk with you upon check-in.
- November 26th: Chema-Goo
Explore chemistry experiments based on states of matter.
- December 10th: Jitters and Critters
Learn about bugs and insects and then make one based on what you have learned.
- January 7th: Simply Simple Machines
Get to know simple machines by building crazy contraptions with them.
- February 4th: How to Build It
Explore shapes by building structures such as bridges and towers.
- February 25th: Colors of Chemistry
Create works of art with chemistry experiments such as chromatography.
- March 11th: Little Bots
Learn basic programming skills with these cute, simple robots which are controlled where to go.
Mini Adventure Day (M.A.D.) - Science-based activities (FREE to the public but registration is necessary)
Saturday, January 21st, 12-3pm located in our public spaces
Activity stations staffed by lab-coat-wearing M.A.D. scientists
- Rocket Launch Pad: Make, launch, and take a paper rocket.
- Meet Stuffee: This is an anatomy lesson in plush and take the opportunity to get your pictures taken with Stuffee.
- Sink the Boat-A-Thon: Make your own foil boat and find out what it takes to sink it!
- Building Zone: Build structures out of different materials including but not limited to Kapla Blocks and Kid K’NEX.
- Sculpt and Weigh Station: Shape, compare, and contrast different kinds of substances then compare their weight. You’ll have a recipe to take home.
- M.A.D. Motion Maze: Explore how balls move by comparing and contrasting their motions through different ramps and tracks.
- PNC information table/greeting table by the Mathematicow
Parent-Kids Adventures in STEM is generously funded by a grant through PNC's Grow Up Great program.