A chance to explore the world of engineering!
February 23, 2017
5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
This event is at full capacity.
Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day is a nationwide, annual event focused on increasing interest in engineering among girls and young women. The event is held in conjunction with National Engineers Week. Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts will be celebrating with a special, free program inside Harsco Science Center!
- We want to invite girls to explore our four main exhibits: Move It!, Carnival of Health, Forces of Nature, and Backstage Studio. Each exhibit will have two booths that feature engineering careers related to that exhibit.
- Any girl who visits each booth will be entered into a drawing to win a spot in our Girls in STEM Summer Camp or a $50 Whitaker Center gift card.
- All attendees are invited to view a complimentary showing of our newest documentary, Dream Big: Engineering Our World 3D, at 7:30 pm thanks to TE Connectivity
- This event is open to girls of all ages, with the engineering activities geared towards girls in grades 4-8.
- Refreshments will be provided by Health You Café and Capital Blue
Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day is part of Whitaker Center’s Girls in STEM program, which has been generously funded by The Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation.