Thank you for your interest in being a part of the Whitaker Center team!
Located on Market Street in downtown Harrisburg, Whitaker Center is Central PA’s premier destination for entertainment and education. From hands-on science in our Harsco Science Center, to a premium large format movie experience in Select Medical Digital Cinema, to live performances inside Sunoco Performance Theater there’s always something exciting going on at Whitaker Center! Join our team and help us further our mission of serving our community through education, entertainment and art.
If you have a passion for delivering excellent guest service and love the idea of working to fulfill a mission with a dedicated group of individuals, then we encourage you to apply. Whitaker Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our employees enjoy these perks:
- A complimentary Family membership to Whitaker Center
- 15% discount at the Wonders Store, digital cinema concessions and Whitaker Center sponsored events
- Banking partnership with Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union and Members First Credit Union
- Downtown parking options
Full-time employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Generous Vacation and Personal Time Off
- PPO Health Care Plan, Dental, Vision and Prescription
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Pension Plan
- Vanguard 403(b)(7) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to purchase supplemental policies through AFLAC
POSITION: Creative Coordinator
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This is a full time, hourly, position reporting directly to the Director, Marketing and Sales at Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts.
GENERALRESPONSIBILITIES:The Creative Coordinator is responsible for designing all creative, managing creative projects and maintaining whitakercenter.org content.
- Responsible for the execution of Whitaker Center creative projects including quarterly Visitor’s Guide, Welcome Map, collateral, print and digital ads, billboards, promotional items, and audio/video presentations. Manages relationships with external designers to ensure adherence to Whitaker Center brand standards.
- Manage Whitaker Center and Expedition Chesapeake website content and site including copywriting and Content Management System (CMS). Build and edit audio and video files for internet use. Troubleshoot website errors and work with web host to address any issues or updates needed to keep website functioning. Keep site content accurate and in line with current Whitaker Center events and news.
- Ensure SEO (Search Engine Optimization) best practices are being implemented within website content.
- Coordinate marketing projects from start to finish by obtaining bids from vendors, delivering assets to vendor for production and checking on delivery.
- Coordinate hanging/removal of in-Center signage with Facilities staff; replacing and removing expired collateral.
- Responsible for creating content and programing of in-center audio/visual display assets and digital marquee, exterior window displays and poster cases. Manage a quality assurance relationship with the technology and software vendor.
- Management of rack card distribution.
- Attend departmental and all-staff meetings as directed, staying informed of ongoing changes in department and overall organization.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director, Marketing and Sales.
This position description is relative to major requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or related field required.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant and demonstrated work experience.
- Proficiency in graphic design tools (QuarkXPress, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe, Acrobat, etc.).
- Experience with and management of web content management system.
- Experience with managing partner and vendor relationships and pre-press activity.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Internet technologies including firm understanding of Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated experience with web content management systems with proven SEO experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML development and image creation software.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks, establish priorities, set schedules and meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong writing and editing skills, producing results with clear, concise, focused messages with correct spelling and grammar, produced within specified time limits.
- Ability to independently solve problems required.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Must be able to provide courteous and effective service to general public, co-workers and volunteers. Positive and friendly attitude at all times.
- Ability to work as part of a high-performance team and be a strong team player.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to successfully complete a Pennsylvania State Police Clearance, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance obtained through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and a Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal History Record Information obtained by submitting a full set of fingerprints to the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Submit resume, cover letter, 3 supervisory references and salary history by February 3, 2017 to: Human Resources department, Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, 225 Market Street, 2nd Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17101, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our business offices Monday – Friday 10am-4pm to complete an employment application. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We’re always looking for Volunteers to serve as ushers and interactors at Whitaker Center. We offer great perks and flexible shifts!
Looking for an Internship? We have several internship positions available in over a dozen departments.