Assistive Listening Devices amplify and clarify the sound onstage. The inconspicuous receiver device may be used in almost any seat at any performance. Headsets with induction neck loops are available for patrons who use hearing aids and cochlear implants that have “T” switch feature (also known as “T-coil” or “telephone switch” or “telephone coil”). There is no charge for receivers. They are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis in the Sunoco Performance Theater and in the Select Medical Digital Cinema. Please ask any usher for assistance.
Certified interpreters for select performances provide American Sign Language interpretation. To access special reserved seating mention ASL in your reservation request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, include your name, address, phone number, email address, number of tickets requested, and performance date and time. If you need to cancel your reservation, contact email@example.com so that we may extend an offer to wait listed patrons.
For more information please contact the Box Office at 717-214-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There accessible parking spaces located in the Walnut Street Garage. Please click here for parking locations and rates.
Accessible seating is available throughout the Sunoco Performance Theater and Select Medical Digital Cinema. Patrons may either remain in their wheelchairs or transfer to house seats. Patrons who would like to remain in their wheelchairs during the performance or film should request wheelchair-accessible locations when buying their tickets. The Box Office will make every attempt to seat one companion in an adjacent seat and any additional guests as close as possible. Click here to view the Sunoco Performance Theater seating chart.
Accessible restrooms are available all levels of Whitaker Center.
An elevator in the AMP Grand Lobby will give access to all levels of the Sunoco Performance Theater. There is an elevator located in the Select Medical Digital Cinema and Harsco Science Center.
Service animals, such as guide dogs, are permitted to assist guests.
Wheelchairs are available at the Information Desk to use during your visit.
Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts strives to provide the ultimate film experience at all times and we want to make going to our giant screen movies comfortable, enjoyable and accessible to all our guests. We now offer CaptiView in the Select Medical Digital Cinema, which is a closed caption viewing system for hearing impaired moviegoers.
- Available for show times and films that are encoded with captions .
- Available upon request at the concession stand at no charge.
- For large parties, please call our Box Office at 717-214-2787 in advance to secure an appropriate number of devices.
CaptiView Closed Captioning Unit:
- Use at any seat in the theater.
- Easy to read high contrast digital display with privacy visor.
- Flexible mount easily fits into each seat’s cup holder.
- Look for closed caption symbol for movies compatible with this unit.
To Request a CaptiView Unit:
- Please request a CaptiView unit from our box office associates or from our concession stand ushers.
- You will be given a unit in exchange for your name and telephone number and any identification that shows your name.
- Once the film is over, simply bring the unit back to the concession stand.
Which films feature CaptiView?
- When viewing our films and show times on our website, you will see to indicate the films availability in closed caption.
For information, or if you have questions, need assistance or an accommodation not mentioned, contact the Box Office at 717-214-2787, or email@example.com.